Please Help Support SHIP/SHINE – Free Medicare Counselling. The link below will help you contact your representatives in Congress, and help them understand how critically important these programs are to seniors. Medicare is complicated and seniors rely on SHIP/SHINE to get FREE, unbiased help on Medicare questions and concerns.
Recently updated figures (emphasis, sadly, on “up”) from the annual Genworth Cost of Care Survey.
While every situation is unique and based on its own set of circumstances, note the potential cross-over point around $3,000 per month, where Assisted Living starts to make sense economically. Certainly an aspect to weigh, but equally important are other medical, emotional and social considerations. Always consider the complete scope of needs when making this important decision.
Michele will be giving a SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) presentation tomorrow, Tuesday, 10/14, @ 100pm, St Paul Catholic Church, Family Center. Topics will include Medicare 101 and Open Enrollment.
Statewide Medicaid Managed Care (SMMC) Long-term Care (LTC) program
The Florida Medicaid program is in the process of implementing a new system through which Medicaid enrollees will receive long-term care services. This program is called the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-term Care Program.
The Long-term Care program is comprised of two types of health plans:
– Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
– Provider Service Networks (PSNs)
Who is required to participate?
Individuals are required to be enrolled in the Long-term Care Managed Care Program if they are:
– 65 years of age or older AND need nursing facility level of care
– 18 years of age or older AND are eligible for Medicaid by reason of disability AND need nursing facility level of care
– Individuals enrolled in the Aged and Disabled Adult (A/DA) Waiver
– Individuals who are enrolled in the Consumer-Directed Care Plus for individuals in the A/DA waiver
– Individuals enrolled in the Assisted Living Waiver
– Individuals enrolled in the Nursing Home Diversion Waiver
– Individuals who are enrolled in the Frail Elder Option
– Individuals enrolled in the Channeling Services Waiver.
If you would like the entire overview, please provide contact information and we will supply either a link to the information, or the one-sheet hard copy – yor choice.