A new meta-analysis of 17 academic papers finds evidence that having a pet benefits people with mental health problems. The research also reviews the pet owners’ testimonials, laying out the various ways that pets offer them much-needed solace. Pets provide invaluable support for people with mental health problems. An increasing amount of research is pointing […]
via It’s Official: Pets Benefit Our Mental Health — Good Witches Homestead
PS: How could you not feel safe, protected and at ease with those two beautiful German Shepherds nearby?
An additional view of the 2017 Cost of Care data from Genworth Financial, showing local, Tampa-area costs versus state of Florida median.
We very much appreciate the announcement in this Sunday’s Tampa Tribune ‘North of Tampa’ section of the Tampa Bay Times . Here are the urls to reach the donation sites directly …
ABC Tampa Bay effort to assist St Vincent de Paul Society
ABC Hillsborough effort to help Cornerstone Kids
Senior housing comes in all shapes and sizes offering different lifestyles and amenities from high-rise towers to historic homes to life care campuses – no one size fits all. With many options to choose from how do I find the right one?
Here are some things to consider to identify which lifestyle is right for you.
Living in an Assisted Living Community may be right for you if:
- You struggle to structure your daily activities
- You feel isolated and desire companionship
- You don’t feel safe when alone at home
- You live with someone who works outside the home or who is frequently away from home
Living in an Independent Living Community may be right for you if:
- You don’t want the hassles of maintaining the interior or exterior of your home.
- You want convenient access to social events such as dinners, movies, special interest clubs, church services and exercise facilities.
- You want the peace of mind that additional support is right next door if and when you need it.
To learn about FREE guidance for seniors and their families on senior housing options, visit us at AssistedLivingNavigator.com