Thank you to all of you who advocated to Congress about the importance of SHINE. Congress has approved funding for the SHINE / SHIP program for 2018.
This means we can continue to light the way for Medicare beneficiaries to pick the best plans and answer their questions about Medicare throughout 2018.
Click here for a message from Charlotte McHenry, SCC’s President and CEO.
Senior Connection Center’s April Newsletter
Please Help Support SHIP/SHINE – Free Medicare Counselling. The link below will help you contact your representatives in Congress, and help them understand how critically important these programs are to seniors. Medicare is complicated and seniors rely on SHIP/SHINE to get FREE, unbiased help on Medicare questions and concerns.
PLEASE WRITE TODAY!
Contact your Representatives in Congress
Thank you to those who were kind enough to contribute to our On-Line Food Drive to benefit the local chapter of St Vincent de Paul, here in Tampa.
Through your generosity we were able to donate close to 200 food items ranging from ten large bags of spaghetti to sixty cans of tuna, and over forty cans of mixed vegetables.
An additional view of the 2017 Cost of Care data from Genworth Financial, showing local, Tampa-area costs versus state of Florida median.
Our ‘sister’ page on Facebook has even more information on a variety of senior care and assisted living topics. New posts today on: Parkinson’s, senior diet, and ‘sundowning.’
Here’s to a Happy and Healthy 2015!!
Mark & Michele
Statewide Medicaid Managed Care (SMMC) Long-term Care (LTC) program
The Florida Medicaid program is in the process of implementing a new system through which Medicaid enrollees will receive long-term care services. This program is called the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-term Care Program.
The Long-term Care program is comprised of two types of health plans:
– Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
– Provider Service Networks (PSNs)
Who is required to participate?
Individuals are required to be enrolled in the Long-term Care Managed Care Program if they are:
– 65 years of age or older AND need nursing facility level of care
– 18 years of age or older AND are eligible for Medicaid by reason of disability AND need nursing facility level of care
– Individuals enrolled in the Aged and Disabled Adult (A/DA) Waiver
– Individuals who are enrolled in the Consumer-Directed Care Plus for individuals in the A/DA waiver
– Individuals enrolled in the Assisted Living Waiver
– Individuals enrolled in the Nursing Home Diversion Waiver
– Individuals who are enrolled in the Frail Elder Option
– Individuals enrolled in the Channeling Services Waiver.
If you would like the entire overview, please provide contact information and we will supply either a link to the information, or the one-sheet hard copy – yor choice.
Our brand new TV commercial is just too good not to share (if we may say so ourselves!).
Click on the title above & let us know what you think.