At Always Best Care we’re delighted, again, to be a part of the solution by supporting this easy-to-use, on-line food drive from, http://www.YouGiveGoods.com, to help our devoted volunteers at the local St. Vincent de Paul conference at St Paul Catholic Church in Tampa, FL.
Please consider helping us reach our goal with your thoughtful, and greatly appreciated, food donation at https://yougivegoods.com/abc-tampa-2017.
Items start at just $4.99 and range up to $25.
Every little bit helps put food on the tables of those in need.
The beauty of this on-line food drive, from http://www.YouGiveGoods.com, is the ability for anyone, anywhere to contribute to the effort. There is no need to personally purchase and physically transport cans or boxes Your donation is added to the mix with a few simple key strokes. On delivery day, one (hopefully, very large) cumulative donation will arrive at the location of your choosing.
Please consider supporting our drive to benefit the St. Vincent de Paul Society’s conference here in Tampa, FL at https://yougivegoods.com/abc-tampa-2017.
Every donation will help feed families this holiday season and in the New Year.
Once again, Always Best Care locations around the U.S. have teamed up with www.YouGiveGoods.com to manage on-line food drives to benefit a number of great individual charities. Locally, we are working with the St. Vincent de Paul conference at St. Paul Catholic Church in Tampa, FL. This effort will help augment the outstanding work this dedicated group already provides to hundreds of local families throughout the year. During the holidays, many food banks/pantries are overwhelmed with requests. Food drives, like this, are a great way to help meet the need and replenish the shelves after the Holidays.
Our goal is a simple 200 food items raised during December 2017, with delivery in time to help restock the shelves in early January.
Please consider making your on-line contribution to this effort that will help put food on the table of families who are in need. Our site can be reached at: https://yougivegoods.com/abc-tampabay-2017.
From all of us at Always Best Care, and at St. Vincent de Paul,
While we may be heading into cooler weather and the beginning of the Holidays, it is also time for an increase in deceptive “charity” scams.
Be prepared, be aware!
From : http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services/Consumer-E-Newsletter
“Charity scammers use deception to steal money from people who believe they are donating to legitimate causes. They siphon money away from those in need and use it to line their own pockets. Scam artists often play on donors’ sympathy and take advantage of their generosity.
Here are a few tips for choosing a worthy charity and giving wisely.
- Ask questions, such as:
- “Who is the fundraiser and who will benefit from the donation?”;
- “How much of the contribution goes to the charity mentioned in the request”; and
- “How much of the donation goes toward administrative and fundraising expenses?”
- Check if the charitable organization is registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services by visiting FloridaConsumerHelp.com.
- Never give cash. Contribute by check and make it out to the organization.
- If you decide to donate online, look for indicators that the website is secure, such as a web address that begins with “https:” (the “s” stands for secure).
- Be aware that many telephone appeals for funds are made by paid solicitors, not volunteers. The solicitors often work for a for-profit firm hired by the charitable organization. Telemarketing is expensive and may entail substantial fundraising costs.
- Some organizations have 900 phone numbers. When you call the number, the cost of the call is automatically billed to your phone. Before dialing, make sure you wish to donate the price of the call to that cause.
- Always obtain and save a printed copy of your donation or a receipt showing the amount of the contribution.
- Not all organizations soliciting in the name of benevolence are true charities eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions. If this is important to you, ask about the organization’s federal and state eligibility for receiving tax-deductible donations. Typically, such donations fall under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3).
To file a complaint about a charity, use the FDACS on-line form or call 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352).”
One of the best ways we can honor our country’s forefathers this Presidents’ Day, is to be available on Monday to help with your senior loved one’s housing needs.
As with the men who founded our great country, we should always honor and salute those that founded our families, and gave so much to attend to our upbringing.
As always, we will be available Monday to help answer your senior housing questions.
In addition to our services, our local, Tampa/St. Pete-area network of trusted, associated professionals can assist with elder law issues (wills, advanced directives and power of attorney), coordination of veterans benefits, financial planning, down-sizing and moving – to name a few.
Give us a call, or drop us a line. We will be happy to help.
God Bless America, and our seniors, too!
“May you be blessed
With the spirit of the season, which is peace,
The gladness of the season, which is hope,
And the heart of the season, which is love.”
We are truly dedicated to helping our clients, old and new, regardless of the time of day – or time of year. During these joyous (and sometimes stressful) holidays, know that we are here to help with guidance and assistance, as needed. Happy Holidays!
A huge “THANK YOU” to everyone who donated to our local – but on-line – food drive to benefit the St Vincent de Paul Society, here in Tampa. To our Anonymous donors, please know that, even though we cannot thank you individually,
we greatly appreciate your support –
208 food items will be distributed to needy families!.
Through your generosity, at least twenty more families will receive a some portion of the over
one TWO hundred items donated. I am confident it will help brighten their Christmas season.
Thank you, again, from all of us at Always Best Care – Florida West.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!
We very much appreciate the announcement in this Sunday’s Tampa Tribune ‘North of Tampa’ section of the Tampa Bay Times . Here are the urls to reach the donation sites directly …
ABC Tampa Bay effort to assist St Vincent de Paul Society
ABC Hillsborough effort to help Cornerstone Kids