Understanding what senior living community is right for your loved one can be a daunting task. Senior living communities can range in size from high-rise buildings to old Victorians. Rooms vary from studios to 1 and 2-bedroom apartments with kitchenettes.
Did you know there are 500+ assisted living and residential care facilities operating in the Tampa Bay area – each takes different levels of care and charges varying rates.
An assisted living community for seniors provides care for persons who need some help with activities of daily living, yet who wish to remain as independent as possible. These communities bridge the gap between independent living and nursing homes. Residents in assisted living communities aren’t able to live by themselves, but they don’t require constant care. Medical care is limited in an assisted living community and each state sets its own limits. Residents are assessed when they move into the community so the community can develop an individualized service plan to ensure that the senior get the best care possible.
Here’s a checklist of what to look for when visiting assisted living communities:
- Is there an individual care plan created for your loved one?
- Is there outdoor seating in shaded areas?
- Is the community clean?
- Is the staff friendly and attentive?
- Do Podiatrists, Hair Dressers, and entertainers make regular visits?
- Are the rooms large enough for your loved one’s needs?
- Is transportation to and from appointments included?
- How far are dining and recreation areas from the available rooms?
- Are there a variety of activities available?
At Always Best Care we believe in matching your loved one with the right community. Visit us at www.AssistedLivingNavigator.com to learn more our free guidance for families. Fees for the services we provide are paid by the community selected.